- Download the custom Android 4.4.4 ROM built by Paranoid Android from here.
- Download Gapps for PA custom ROMs from here.
- Move these files to your tablet’s internal storage if you want to successfully install it on your device.
– if you’ve already downloaded the zip files to your tablet then you can skip this step.
- Power off the tablet.
- Now you need to boot the tablet in Recovery Mode.
– both CWM and TWRP Recovery variants are supported by this guide.
- First you need to create a NANDROID Backup for the already installed ROM.
– CWM: select ‘backup and restore’, name the file and confirm process.
– TWRP: press Backup, rename the file and swipe to confirm.
– do not skip this step.
- Apply the Factory Reset:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’, confirm.
– TWRP: press Wipe. Swipe to confirm process.
– don’t skip this action if you’re running a different Android custom ROM.
– if you’re running an older PA 4.4+ beta build, then you can install the new PA 4.4 FINAL build over it.
- Install the ROM:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: press Install.
– find the PA 4.4 Grouper ROM zip file and confirm its installation.
- When the custom ROM is installed you can flash Gapps zip, too. Use the same options as in step 8.
- After all files are installed you should return to the main custom Recovery screen.
- Reboot the tablet now in normal mode.
– note that this first boot process take a while to complete which is why you should avoid pressing any buttons until you see the homescreen.
- Use your Google Account info in order to take control over your Nexus 7 2012 Wi-Fi model.
If the tutorial fails to install all files at the first attempt or your tablet enters into a boot loop, then you will need to repeat the whole guide without skipping any steps.